schmengie did this the other day. What's the song title? Some of these will be decidedly obscure. Using Google is cheating.
1. The loneliest words you'll ever know
If only-if only it was so
The emptiest words that there'll ever be:
It could have been me. it could have been me
2. Never wanted to be the boy next door
Always thought I'd be something more
But it ain't easy for a smalltown boy
It ain't easy at all
3. I got my guts (I got my guts)
I got my muscles (muscles)
4. Ah see I met this girl and I said to her, "Honey
if you wanna be my baby you got ta gimme money!"
Turned around, didn't mean no harm
I knocked her out, with my vicious charm
5. No one in your life is with you constantly
No one is completely on your side
And though I move my world to be with him
Still the gap between us is too wide.
6. 'm a stranger to Nirvana
I don't box outside my weight
But when I stepped out of the taxi
I did not anticipate this feeling
7. And that's all the time that it takes
For a heart to turn to stone
The sweeter the wine
The harder to make the break
8. And there's no mystical design,
No cosmic lover preassigned.
There's nothing you can find
that cannot be found.
9. Give me all of your prayers to sing
And I'll turn the night into the skylight of day
I got a taste of paradise
I'm never gonna let it slip away
10. Started out this morning feeling so polite
I always though a fish could not be caught who wouldn't bite
11. I've been workin in this factory
From now on fifteen years
All this time I watched my woman
Drowning in a pool of tears
12. My guess is I'm in for a cloudy and overcast
Don't try and stop me
cos I'm heading for that stormy weather soon
13. To make things right
You need someone to hold you tight
And you'll think love is to pray
But I'm sorry I don't pray that way
14. It's so hard to get old without a cause
I don't want to perish like a fading horse
Youth is like diamonds in the sun
And diamonds are forever
15. Once at night Catillian squared the fight
And she was right in the rain of the bullets that eventually brought her down
But she's still dancing in the night
16. She wasn't what you'd call
A blushing flower...
As a matter of fact
She rented by the hour.
17. The boy had a way with words, he sang, he moved with grace
He entertained so naturally, no gesture out of place
His road in life was clearly drawn, he didn't hesitate
18. I'm from the streets you know it's true,
my homey's are all dead,
fuck with me you'll join them too,
I'll cap you in the head.
19. Boys in bikinis
Girls on surfboards
20. And good for business, too -- always leaves you wantin' more!
Trouble is, we only get it on Sundays!
|comments: Leave a comment|