December 14th, 2009

Home, running.

I'm home from Nebraska. Mom was very happy to see me, even though it was a brief visit.

As my plane taxied to the gate at OAK, I thought to myself, "I should go home and go running." And I did. Modified W4D3c is done, with the ongoing modification of making the walks longer than the program calls for. One would think that this should be getting easier, but it isn't. In fact, I'm starting to reach the point where running is just boring hard work, and it's not fun anymore. I'm not sure what to do about that, but I'll ride it out for a while and see what happens. I'm still making myself do it, though, which impresses me.

24 Hour Fitness is way less mobbed at 11 p.m.

Tomorrow I get to go do a cardiac stress test. As my doctor said, 99% chance that everything is fine, but it's worth the test to catch that 1%. He saw a tiny irregularity in my EKG. That combined with the fact that I was getting dizzy, even though we're both pretty sure that we know what the underlying cause of the dizziness was, makes it worth the time/cost. I think I add another 9 or two to the calculation-- the dizziness went away once we cut back on high blood pressure medicine.