1. She said that living with me,
Is bringing her down yeah,
For she would never be free when I was around.
2. She told me she worked in the morning and started to laugh,
I told her I didn't, and crawled off to sleep in the bath.
3. All these places had their moments,
With lovers and friends I still can recall,
4. Why would she treat us so thoughtlessly
How could she do this to me.
5. I'm filling in the cracks that ran through the door
And kept my mind from wandering
6. Working for peanuts is all very fine,
But I can show you a better time.
7. Sleep pretty darling do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby.
8. And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree
9. Don't you think the joker laughs at you?
10. Now my advice for those who die,
Declare the pennies on your eyes,